Saturday, July 4, 2009

Camp, Camp and more Camp






It’s been a while and I’ve been incredibly busy with camp. Camp “Bolashak” (future) officially opened a couple weeks ago! And I thought camp was going to be a complete drag and the idea of 100 days of it seemed rather daunting, but to my surprise I LOVE CAMP! I went to camp a few weeks ago with the older kids to finish preparing the camp for the others to come the following day. Days are filled with lots of things to do, especially being situated near the 2nd largest lake in Central Asia. Every morning begins with an assembly, followed by a fun trip to the lake!!! (my fav), then we have lunch and rest time (my second fav), snack time, English Lessons, sports, dinner and we end every night with a DISCO!!! (maybe that is actually my fav)

Last week my CP and I conducted the Ecological Seminar that we had been working on since the end of March. We discussed the Environment and how to be a better friend to it. My favorite session was “Reusing Trash” and children came up with very creative ideas to “reuse” trash. Of course, the most creative group was offered a surprise! (It’s amazing what children will do for a sticker, a balloon and a piece of candy :))

I taught the MACARENA and have quickly tired of it…if you ever wondered how long the Macarena is, it’s over 5 minutes! But the kids seem to have a good time with it I’m hoping to teach COTTON EYE JOE soon, but we’re stuck on that dang Macarena!

I work / live at camp Monday-Friday and come home for the weekends, which is long enough for me to have missed camp by Monday afternoon. 

My weekends are full of: internet cafés, bazaars, post office, local friends, and apartment searching. I totally had found an apartment a 5 minute walk from my organization last Saturday! The woman cleaned it on Sunday and called me Monday to tell me that she has decided that she would rather sell than rent! BLEEN! I’m waiting for something else to come along near my organization…

2 comments:

Michael Hotard said...

isn't the disco every night a little ridiculous. how am i supposed to have sweet dance moves when the kids have seen me break them out over the previous nine nights. is it the same playlist every night too? i think we only have an hour of music so it actually repeats twice a week. yay camp!

Christina said...

It is a bit much...I guess I don't know...I really like it ;) I do run out of killer dance moves, but just make something up, you're from America so cool based on that fact alone...you could simply walk and that would be amazing!!