Sunday, July 26, 2009

Circus Time!






I arrived back to site (from Almaty) on Thursday morning. The same day that the circus was in Balkhash! And my site mate and I had tickets! The circus started at 6pm with clowns coming out on stage. The clowns were kind of my favorite, they didn’t speak…only used charades and whistles, I could understand everything that was happening Then a monkey came did a few tricks that I’m sure he had practiced a lot before and enjoyed doing them. Followed by the lion! The lion really didn’t do anything except walked out on stage for a bit and walked in a circle. I think it was supposed to do tricks, but didn’t. There was a ginormous snake that the circus man put in his mouth! Other circus acts included clowns juggling fire, dancers, a woman ate fire and one girl even walked on knives! 

After the show, people could have their picture taken with the snake, the monkey, or the clown, for a price, of course. I thought it would be fun to have my picture taken with the monkey, but the monkey was hissing like a wild angry monkey and instead I opted for a picture with the clown, circus poodle and my site mate and then it was over.

1 comment:

Michael Hotard said...

alex looks good in that hatt