Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Countdowns ON...all bets off --

It's been a while since I've been able to blog --

The countdowns have begun:
Days til I leave site: 17
Days til I COS: 21
Days til Thailand: 24
Days til America: 36

I'm excited to get back to America, but incredibly sad to leave -- bittersweet.

For those of you who thought I would NEVER last in the Peace Corps: "SUCK IT"

Coming back as a poor, homeless, jobless, carless woman doesn't sound all that exciting. But I know that everything will be okay -- actually, I don't, but my Aunt seems sure of it...so I'm gonna take her word for it :)

Now, if I had just placed bets with all those people who were certain I was going to fail...I wouldn't be coming home poor -- oh, well, I guess proving someone wrong is kind of like getting a big fat paycheck...kinda...

1 comment:

Kyle said...

"Suck it"... just reading that made me laugh!

Hooray, you did it!

~Kyle