Monday, January 11, 2010

Ice, Ice, Baby --

I wish it would snow more. I’m SO over ice! It’s SO warm in the day and rains...then overnight freezes! Bleh. This makes walking difficult. I try to pretend I’m cool...mostly I fail. I slip, I slide and sometimes I even fall all over the place. I try REALLY hard NOT to fall. If I feel myself slipping I just stop and wait to stop...it’s kind of like if your driving a car :)

One day I wasn’t so lucky. There are 6 steps leading up to my apartment building. I was leaving my complex and heading to work confidently, per usual. I step out onto the steps and immediately am on the ground, then before I know it, I’m hitting EVERY SINGLE step. Kind of like sledding only not as fun because clearly I didn’t mean to be sledding. There were a few people sitting on a nearby bench. Great. I get up quickly and pretend that is exactly how I get down the steps every day. I’m sure they are not fooled. I hate when a day starts like that...I managed.

Two days later I decide that I’m going to make brownies...yea, brownies...I have everything I need for brownies...oh, except eggs...well, that’s okay the store is located directly across the street from me. I’ll just run over there quick and pick some up. Riiiiiight. This ALMOST worked. I put on a coat and grabbed some cash then ran to the store quick. The cashier was concerned that I didn’t bring anything to carry the eggs home safely in...ha. like I needed something to carry them home safely in...I live across the street. She put them in a plastic bag and I was on my way. Just as I was crossing the street to go home, I loose my footing completely and before I knew it I was on the ground. My eggs were all cracked. Defeated, I rose and continued walking home. I was NOT going to return to the store...I got home, took the shells out of the bag of cracked eggs as best I could and saved the eggs for scrambled eggs in the morning. Made brownies the following day...everyone wins...minus the part where I fell :(

Winter’s *almost* over...

1 comment:

~Rachel~ said...

I want a brownie ... and a video of you falling all over the place! :)