Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello 2010 --

The very idea of a New Year’s Resolution seems rather overwhelming. I mean, I have goals for the day or the week...perhaps the month...but goals for the whole year...get real! Of course, you’re going to fail...a year is practically an eternity! I hope that I will always be setting goals and striving to be a better person – I think this happens in small steps. But New Year’s Resolutions tend to be the “vision” without the goals and objectives. I have things that I want to work on throughout the year, but plan to add new goals and edit previous goals as I continue trying to better myself. I’ve become a bit obsessed with lists...I made one. In no particular order –

1. Listen to church on podcsts at least once a week (I hope to edit this in the future to say twice a week) -- I've gotten out of routine and miss fellowshipping with other believers and, aside from a 10 hour overnight bus and 3000 tenge, a podcasted church service is about as close to church as I'm getting over the next year. CLBC (podcasts)...HERE. I. COME.

a. Pray often


b. Read God's word daily


c. Hide God's word in my heart by memorizing one verse per week


2. Be a friendly person -- If i don't have something nice to say, I want to not say it at all. I want to have time for people and only say those things that are encouraging and uplifting

3.Be the best teacher that I can be so that in the future I don't say things like "I wish I had done..."

a.Live so that the Volunteer who replaces me hates me...in the nicest way
possible, of course, because my school (hopefully) says things
like, "Christina..."


4. Take daily walks and appreciate life -- this has to be more than a walk to work :)

5. Use the travel days that PC gives me to visit people, strengthen friendships and see more of this country.

6.Cook something new twice a month (work on getting this to once a week) -- I've fallen into a pattern of oatmeal for breakfast and spaghetti for dinner -- one would think this would get old -- it hasn't, but I wan to try and cook new things

7.Write more hand written letters home (wherever that may be) -- who doesn't like recieving actual mail?

8.Read one actual book per month -- if this doesn't sound like much, I'm currently reading 0 books per month, but will work on increasing this number in the future.

9.Reunite with my sweet family at the end of this year and be an active member of my famly realizing that I didn't get to pick them, but I wouldn't trade them in for anything or have it any other way. I love you guys! and can't wait to see you!

I’m starting small...9 goals...really only 8 because I can’t really do number 9 for some time. I hope to re-evaluate where I am and make changes *when* necessary to these goals...

No comments: