Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pizza!











Last Sunday was the birthday of Peace Corps and also a pizza party at the local orphanage! It was so much fun! The director had agreed to purchase all of the ingredients – all we had to do was show up and show them how to make it! I went with my local friend who knows English and my Site Mate. The director showed us where the ingredients were and how to work the oven – she had already showed me this once before, but I think she was nervous – which knowing my cooking skills, she had good reason to be! J The children were very curious and expecting us…it didn’t take long for them to all migrate to the kitchen where they were able to help prepare pizza! All the children who wanted to help were able to! Some of the children were in another room preparing their dance moves to show us after pizza. While we were waiting for pizza we made Kool-Aid! My favorite! And I hoped the children liked it as well!

After this deliciousness the children showed off with some break dance moves! They were SO good! One kid there said that he taught himself and then he taught the others! Then we made “gusher” cake J (not with real gushers, but with the candy at the bazaar that looks like gushersJ) We ate it with ice cream, even though it’s cold outside!! ‘Twas a glorious day, one of my favorites since being at site! I can’t wait to go back!

1 comment:

~Rachel~ said...

As Pizza is my favoritest thing in the whole wide world - I am proud that you are out there sharing the love!!