Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The End of a Great Summer

As I boarded the already over crowded bus, I searched for a place to sit. I was fortunate enough to be able to share a two person seat with 4 other people. Thankfully, the ride isn’t too TERRIBLY long. We were able to squeeze 31 people, their 3 month belongings, like a katrillion plants and lots of swarming flies (they didn’t take up too much room they were just irritating) onto a bus that comfortably seats 20 people. Some children were sitting on the laps of older kids and adults, while others were sitting on luggage. I wish I had my camera so that I could have taken a picture, but was unable to get to my luggage. As we sat in the moving bus, sweltering hot and unable to move the kids began to sing the only Kazakh song I know, rather loudly, and MULTIPLE times! It was priceless. Although this placement didn’t seem “ideal” and 100 days of camp certainly did not seem “ideal,” either, at that moment I realized there is no where else in the world I would rather be. And although I’ve had fun summers back in America, I’m certain this has been one of my favorite summers!

2 comments:

Michael Hotard said...

was it the horse song or the abai song? or have you expanded your repotroie?

Christina said...

It was The Horse song. I now know ALL the words and rather like it:)