Friday, August 14, 2009

Last Weekend





Well, the weekend has passed and another one is quickly approaching, but my last weekend was SUPER fun! On Friday my sitemate, another Volunteer (Mary) and I went to a new café, located near my *new* apartment! It was delicious – I had some sort of teriyaki thing, Mary had a yummy looking plate and we all tried DOG!! I know...I can’t believe it either! But at what other time in my life will it be okay for me to eat dog, right, probably never, so I thought I would try it while I could. It wasn’t too bad, but I would probably never try it again, based on principle, but I do think that I will return to that café. 

On Saturday, I went to the beach with my landlady’s daughter, Tatiana and her boyfriend (I forget his name). We drove out to an amazingly nice beach! They brought their air mattress and we all sat on it and went out SUPER far in the lake! We had a nice picnic and returned to town later in the day. I had been wanting to go to Xamaleon (the only dance club here) and they were going later and invited me…like I would turn that down…HELLO! I went and had an excellent time! It was body art day at Xamaleon where you could get random tattoo looking things on your body, I didn’t do it, but watched other people. We danced like crazy people ‘til 3 in the morning! 

On Sunday, I slept in for a LONG time, and then went to the bazaar to purchase more things for my apartment…WOO WOO!! In the evening I finally plugged my stove in to make eggplant! Too bad I don’t have an oven…yet, I’m going to get one soon!

I returned to camp on Monday. The last pic is of some of my favorite women at my school. We had a difficult time getting the wine bottle open, but shared LOTS of laughs trying…

1 comment:

Michael Hotard said...

In another year, you'll be getting that tattoos too! Do you make the eggplant, tomato, mayonaise, garlic things. They are soooo delicious.