Friday, November 20, 2009

Life keeps going....




Well, the week back to school proved to be uneventful. I enjoy having all the kiddos back. It makes for a good time; they are all so much more patient with my Russian than those adults. And really adults are just boring (I WILL NOT be a boring adult). Lessons went as planned. I did end up teaching a couple by myself and realized that I am TRULY thankful for stickers! Without them, I would have very little classroom control :)

In an effort to make sure the Volunteer who replaces me next year absolutely hates my guts, in the nicest way possible, I have begun going in to work on Sundays to play card games and hang out; this is really the only day that children have lots of free time. Last Sunday we played more Skip Bo and I tried my hand at making my own Borsh; I think I did a pretty bang up job, but, nevertheless there is absolutely room for improvement. I think I shall try again soon.

I have started to record my voice reading books that have been sent from America. I got a lot of Berenstein Bears books and am SO tired of the Berestein Bears and all their lessons, but will be excited when children can listen to them and follow along. Remember when you followed along with books on tape and thought you were reading? There was a bell to tell you to turn the page? Yea, that’s what I’m doing. I find that I rather enjoy it after it’s done and just want to listen and follow along (and sometimes I do) as if I am 5 years old all over again…I <3 life!

My site mate found a pretty amazing class called Shaping that takes place 3x a week. We went on Wednesday. It’s just women…I hope this means more local friends. The instructor is intense, but it was a lot of fun!

Plans for a Christmas concert are underway. And I’m totally excited! So far we have 4 songs and 1 poem. My CP wants a few more poems and a couple more songs. Totally psyched. I hope we can pull it together in time though…

Ugh…in other news my favorite PC doctor has resigned. Peace Corps is looking for another one, until then we have one doctor who has to take care of all (approx.) 120 of us! That’s a big job. On the following day I received an email that my Regional Manager was also resigning :( I HATE CHANGE! And like these two women…

No comments: