Thursday, January 29, 2009

Life

Life in Kazakhstan has become mundane. I actually enjoy the mundane activities and love routine! Hence, life is good. Just the other day I was on my walk to work, a bit early and was able to catch the sunrise, I walked a bit out of my way to enjoy this beautiful morning!

There are those occasional spontaneous things that happen to keep life interesting. Like for instance one morning last week I walked into the kitchen and trip over a LARGE hunk of dead something – I’m sure it appeared in cooked form later in my plov.

Work here continues to be slow, I hope due to the fact that it’s winter and winter is FREEZING cold ALL THE TIME! It’s difficult to do much when people are unmotivated to brave the cold temperatures, myself included! I do have my trusty English clubs to rely on during the cold months and have just begun working with the local orphanage! It sounds promising! The director there said that I could host pizza night! WOOHOO! All I have to do is tell her when and give her a list of ingredients! I hope to do this mid-February and hopefully, by that point I will own a kid friendly movie in Russian and can have Dinner and a Movie! And if I ever get any of my packages coming I will also have kool-aid!

No comments: