Saturday, January 24, 2009

God is good...

In Kazakhstan I have been given LOTS of time to think…which I am often accused of doing too much of. The problem is a lack of persons to share my thoughts with – especially in my VERY small town where the only people who speak English are me and my site mate. Anyway, recently my Uncle received a scary diagnosis. He is my favorite Uncle – the husband of my favorite Aunt! I remember lots of summers at their house – and waiting for my Uncle to come home from work and play Monopoly (don’t deny that YOU also loved this game at some point in your life) or rescue us from the bats! I reminisced alone (is that possible) of the great times that I have had at their house – even if sometimes we have to park the car as straight as possible or ration the pickles :-) My Uncle had surgery the other day. After the surgery my family would know the extent of the diagnosis. We all were praying – I think I prayed harder than I have every prayed in my entire life! His surgery went well and the initial results are optimistic. We are all praising God, but I can’t help wondering – would we praise God if the results were dismal? Even as I type that I think Praise God they weren’t. This is a bad example because it’s too personal, but I don’t think I would be praising God if the results were less than okay – maybe that makes me a bad person, I don’t know. Maybe it’s something I need to work on. I know that we worship a God worthy of our praise and we are taught that God is good all the time, but during difficult times it’s hard to remember this. I think I will ponder this for a few days or probably years and will try to remember this fact the rest of my life! He is still the same God today as He was yesterday and will be tomorrow. God is good…ALL THE TIME! “With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above, for as long as I shall live, I will testify the love.”

I love you Uncle Mike and pray for you daily! I’m happy that initial results were optimistic. Praise God! Can’t wait to go ice fishing – December 2010 – I’m totally there!

P.S. this is the only picture I have of you on my computer – we definitely need to do something about that!

1 comment:

JessicaJane said...

I am sort of near Christina! I will come visit you as soon as you have an apartment! I can call you anytime... 7 T is worth a minute of your voice is you need me! :)I am glad your uncle is alright-I assume I was in his house? :)