Saturday, December 27, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS





This was my first Christmas away from friends and family and I did find myself a bit homesick, but I managed well and tried to have a good Christmas, despite no Christmas in Kazakhstan L

On Christmas morning I wandered through the bazaar and found super cute socks – the fuzzy kind – for cheap – I bought a couple pair for my best work friends! I wrapped them with magazine pages – my new favorite kind of wrapping. I said, “Merry Christmas!” And told them it was a Holiday in America. Then they went to the store and purchased a yolk-a for me and decorated it, when they gave it to me they said “Merry Christmas” as best they could – it was so sweet!

In the afternoon, I celebrated Christmas with my English club! We had been learning about Christmas since pretty much the beginning of December. On Christmas day, I brought in Christmas music! That in and of itself was a big hit! We had cookies and candy and played games like pin the nose on frosty! That was fun. Then we made ornaments from cardstock to decorate a tree and snowflakes to hang throughout the classroom. And of course there were small gifts from the bazaar! Oh glorious day!

We finally got snow on December 19! I have seen the pictures of the snow that ya’ll got back home and found myself oddly jealous! We got only a few inches – but it was still nice! Now it’s just a layer of thick ice and it is freezing cold here – I’m not sure how cold because I have yet to figure out Celsius! But I know that it is REALLY cold! It is then that I am thankful for the large buildings that block the cold wind!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Happy holidays!

FYI Best mine sweeper score: 25