Sunday, December 21, 2008

Party Time!







Last week was Independence Day in Kazakhstan and it also happened to be the birthday of my host sister – who turned 13! I was excited for her and we had LOTS of guest over. Of course I had thought about what I was going to get her for almost all week. I finally decided on a Rihanna notebook and some gel pens that I was able to find at the bazaar. I also threw in some packets of Kool-Aid (there is no Kool-Aid in KSTAN – those of you who enjoy this bring lots – even if you don’t think you enjoy – bring lots – you will soon come to love this childhood drink). My host sister loves Kool-Aid and is sad that there is not Kool-Aid here, I was happy to share mine. J I didn’t want to buy wrapping paper – you know Peace Corps budget and all, but I didn’t just wanna give it to her unwrap, so I got creative and made it a themed gift. I have a few People Magazines with me – that are forever old, but I just can’t part without them – I went through the pictures and found pages with Rihanna. I taped the pages together to make it large enough to wrap the gift and then wrapped it – I must say, I was quite impressed with myself J

No comments: