Monday, December 22, 2008

No Mullets Please


Well, I finally did it! I got my hair cut in Kazakhstan – let me tell you I was SUPER nervous! I did have to continue reminding myself throughout the cutting that it was only hair and it would grow back – I kept trying to think of the worst thing that could possibly happen and remind myself that it would be “fixable.” My hair was getting nappy and gross and NEEDED to be cut – it hasn’t had a REAL cut since mid-August! I wanted my usual 2 inches off and layers, the layers were what made me the most nervous. I mentioned that I wanted to get a cut earlier this week, at work, and the gal whose desk is perpendicular mine, Rada, said that she was getting a cut on Saturday and invited me along. I did my best to explain to the English teacher what I wanted, who then told Rada who was going to be with me so that she could tell the cutter J Of course, I had to go by centimeters and not inches – but that was a fairly easy conversion using the converter on my phone.

The woman who cut my hair, took out scissors, began cutting, and speaking to me in VERY fast Russian! AHH! Rada was able to come to my rescue and explain how I wanted my hair cut. The woman desperately wanted to give me angle type bangs – but I really did not want that! She settled for a weird cross over in the front, which at first I didn’t want either, but she was insistent, so I decided that it would not be the end of the world – and left it the way she put it until just after we left the salon – but when I look at pictures, I kind of like the weird part thing. I do plan on return before 4 months!

No comments: