Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last Christmas....


Okay, so I think that Christmas reminds me of home and all the comforts that home offers, but then when I really think about it, I wonder, what would I be doing at home for Christmas anyway? Last Christmas, I worked, much like this Christmas. I, actually, worked a double on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, at a group home. On Christmas Day, I had to work at 2 different homes – I went, reluctantly, but I still went, I wanted only to stay at one home, oh the things I did!

It was a superb day; a great Christmas, even though I was “working.” I worked in the morning at my FAVORITE home with my two FAVORITE co-workers! And Santa, of course, stopped at our house as well. In the morning we all opened gifts! Clean up followed, then dinner prep! One of my co-workers shared his favorite beverage from home – he’s from Africa – it tasted like vomit – I can still remember the taste quite well, even my other co-worker thought so!

I really loved my group home job, I called them today to wish them a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year – I, also, of course would love to pick up shifts…in 22 months. Despite what The Boss may think, I do plan on returning to it – well, I guess, as long as I would be rehired! I’ll hold my breath – I’ll have SO much more to offer after my two years here!

No comments: