Thursday, December 11, 2008

A view from the Top!











While PCVs are not allowed to drive, we are allowed to take rides from strangers and from the local friends we make (the ones who have cars). Last Saturday, a local friend drove to an overlook in my city that allows one to see the whole city! The view from the top is WONDERFUL! And it was just above the lake at sunset. It was beautiful – I really do love my city! Afterwards, he drove to another area where we could walk out onto the frozen lake – but the cautious side of me came out as I was unsure about whether or not the ice was frozen enough to support me, so I watched as my friends walked out onto the ice and then wanted to “test the waters” for myself – I managed to walk out a little – but really I just took pictures!

No comments: