Friday, December 19, 2008



Today has been an exciting day and it is still early! I was finally able to sleep in! (It’s Sunday today – but will most likely be a weekday when I post this) I woke at 10am and cleaned, yea doesn’t sound THAT exciting. Then I had chai and cookies for breakfast and then my host family asked for help with preparation of supper! I was thrilled, of course I wanted to help! We are having Monte, which is my lu-be-me (favorite). I last had it on November 7 – the day Trainees officially became Volunteers – my previous host mom made this for dinner as she knew it was my favorite and it was my last night with them L I was most excited about the meat grinder today though! I had never before used one (and to sound completely naïve, I really never thought about the idea that at some point my own meat back home had to go through this – it doesn’t come out already packaged as “ground beef” – no my friends, it does not J). They let me be in charge of it! I got a little carried away and took pictures lots of me with the meat – but in my defense back home I buy already grinded meat, my family thought it was weird that I would take so many pictures, but I really was excited!

No comments: